Should I serve papers myself?

When serving papers, it is vital that they are served in the right way to avoid lengthening court procedures and compromising your legal case. Regardless of the type of legal papers you need to serve, whether injunctions or eviction notices, you must serve them properly to avoid causing further complications for yourself.

Multiple ways to serve papers

There are many different ways that papers can be served and legal documents delivered. While the preferred method may be to hand deliver papers directly to the named recipient, this is not always possible.

In many cases, papers can be delivered to a registered premises, whether that’s a home or business address. In instances where papers are being served to businesses, then papers can be served to registered offices, or delivered to the company director, manager, or even a member of secretarial staff.

Following the rules

While you do not necessarily require professional assistance with serving legal documents, it is often advised that you instruct an experienced process server to do so on your behalf. Those who are taking legal action are not allowed to serve papers themselves, and outsourcing to a professional company is often the best way forward.

Outsourcing provides a variety of benefits, including quick delivery of documents, adherence to legal procedures and removal of emotional connections to the case (which can occur when friends or family serve papers on behalf of someone).

Using a professional to serve papers means that you will be issued with a certificate, statement or affidavit that can be shown to the court as proof that the papers were served properly and on time.

Process Serving from Able Investigations

Allowing Able Investigations to serve papers on your behalf removes the hassle of delivering legal documents. We can serve papers throughout the UK and can serve documents within 24 hours of instruction. For further details about our process serving, or to instruct a member of our team to serve papers, please get in touch by calling 0345 366 0000.


Comments are closed.