Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery (CRAR) Services

What is CRAR?

Commercial Rent Arrears Recovery, or CRAR, was brought in on the 6th April 2014 to replace the Distress for Rent act. The change means that landlords can no longer attempt to recover outstanding rent themselves; it must be a Certificated Enforcement Officer who carries out these procedures.

Here at Able, our Enforcement powers allow us to take control of goods belonging to commercial tenants for unpaid rent. If the rent amount remains unpaid after we have sent the seven-day Enforcement Letter, we can attend and carry out a Controlled Goods agreement, even removing the goods there and then if necessary. Once removed they can be sold at public auction, offsetting the net sales proceeds against the amount owed so you can recover monies owed quickly and efficiently.

However, as with all matters, it is always better to keep the business trading and get paid, rather than remove the goods, this way you will able to continue to have a paying tenant rather than an empty shop. We can negotiate on your behalf, a sensible & detailed repayment plan.

Being the leading premier Enforcement Company, you can rest assured that you and your instructions are in safe hands:

So why use Able Enforcements?

  • Take advantage of our years of experience in the enforcement Sector, and our legal understanding.
  • By taking control of goods belonging to commercial tenants (abiding by the government regulations, along with acting morally)
  • Providing a high-quality service evidenced by our ISO:9001 accreditation
  • Acting across England and Wales

Find out more about where CRAR can be used.

Finding the best solution for your problem

In most cases, it is more prudent to negotiate a short-term payment arrangement with the tenant to recover the full amount, leaving the goods seized on site pending payment. This has the advantage of allowing the tenant to continue to trade, while the landlord receives the full rental amount. The tenant is also liable for our fees, allowing the landlord to recover the full rent amount at little cost to themselves.

Professional service

Able Enforcements can assist you to recover rent arrears or contractual liability for a full rent term after a tenant has left a property. Our High Court Enforcement Officers can enforce Judgments & Writs across England & Wales.

If you require assistance with your CRAR procedure and are looking for a Certificated Enforcement Officer to help you recover the costs of rent arrears, then we can help. Our professional team can help you during the CRAR process and are happy to help answer any questions you have about rent arrears recovery. For more information about how we can help, please call us on 0845 370 7401 or send us an email.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Each month we send out an email covering any recent legislation changes, news and announcements from the Bailff and Enforcement industry. To subscribe to get these monthly, sign up below.

Company Reg: 07309056
DPA Notification No: PZB186879
Consumer Credit Licence No : 633619