Dealing with travellers in car parks

Finding that travellers have settled in your public or private car park can have a serious impact on your company and surrounding businesses. Being unable to operate your car parking facility can have a negative financial impact on local businesses, especially in shopping centres and districts, as customers and car park users are reluctant or unable to use the space.

If you have found that travellers have settled on your land, it is important you request they move on as soon as possible and gain appropriate assistance to help vacate the area to avoid causing significant damage to your business and those of others.

Seek assistance

If you have been unable move the travellers on upon initial request, or feel unsure about the safety of asking the group to leave, then you should seek assistance from a certificated enforcement officer. With their assistance, your land can be repossessed quickly and legally, allowing customers and other car park users to begin using the space again.

A certificated enforcement officer will be able to assess the situation and determine whether the travellers can be moved on safely and quickly or whether a police presence is required to assist with the eviction.

 Quick response

Operating under Common Law, Section 61 of the Criminal Justice Act, and Section 77 of the Local Authorities Act, a trained team of enforcement officers, such as those at Able Investigations, can clear land as quickly as possible, with our team usually doing so within 24 to 48 hours after instruction.

Able Investigations understand the complex issue of traveller evictions and have been assisting businesses throughout the UK to evict travellers from car parks and secure land. If you have recently discovered that your car park is being occupied, get in touch to find out how Able Investigations can help. Speak to a member of our team by calling 0845 370 7401.

Find out about how Able Investigations helped an insurance broker move a number of travellers from their car park.

You can find more information and tips about Traveller removal by clicking on the ‘Removing travellers: The complete guide‘.

Comments are closed.