When should the transfer up procedure be used?

If you have already completed the processes required to obtain a County Court Judgement (CCJ), you will either then need to have the judgement enforced by using a warrant of execution or by transferring it up to the High Court and obtaining a High Court writ.

Though a certificated enforcement agency can advise on the best approach to take depending on your individual circumstances, it is important to understand the process of transferring up to the High Court and when it should be used.

What is the transfer up procedure?

A transfer up procedure is simply the term used when transferring a CCJ to the High Court to obtain a High Court writ. All County Court Judgements over £650.00 can be transferred up to the High Court of Justice, Judgements over £25,000 automatically are issued in the High Court. You can leave the Judgement in the County Court for the County Court Enforcement Officers, however, they are limited on time and may not get it enforced for months.

In order to obtain a High Court writ, you will need to use the transfer up procedure. This involves completing additional paperwork and can be a lengthier process than enforcing with a warrant of execution, however in some situations you must obtain a High Court writ in order to seize assets.

When can you transfer up to a High Court?

You can only transfer up if your claim meets particular criteria. You will not be able to transfer up if your claim is for a sum that is less than £650, however, you can still enforce to recover this with a CCJ.

If you need assistance in obtaining a High Court writ to recover outstanding debt or repossess goods or property, then speak to the team at Able Investigations to find out how we can help. Our certificated enforcement officers have years of professional bailiff experience, so call us today on 0345 366 0000 to discuss your situation.


Comments are closed.