What we need to know about you and your business

If you require an enforcement agency to help with retrieval of monies owed, you should ensure that you have the correct information and documents that allows enforcement officers to take action. Having the correct information and legal documents available when you ask for our assistance will mean that we can act quickly and legally.

The type of service you require

An enforcement agency will need to see different documents depending on the type of service you require. Depending on whether you need assistance with evicting squatters, repossessing land, or whether you need to retrieve commercial rent arrears, the information that you are required to provide us with differs.


If you require our assistance to repossess items to recover debt, then you will need to provide a copy of the County Court Judgement (CCJ). Depending on the sum of the debt, you will also need to provide us with a ‘Warrant of control’ issued by the County Court, or a High Court writ.

CRAR Service

If you require our assistance with the Commercial Rent Arrears Recover (CRAR) process, then we will need to know the following so that the 7 day notice letter can be sent quickly. We will need to know details about the tenant, including their trading name, the sum owed, and the date it was due. Able Investigations will also require a copy of the lease and a statement that rent is outstanding.

When collating this information, commercial landlords should be aware that CRAR only allows for rent to be recovered, and excludes service charges, insurance and additional costs that may be included in the lease.

Land Repossessions and Commercial Squatters

If someone is illegally occupying your land or squatting in your commercial premises, then we need to see proof of ownership. We do not usually require a Court Order in these cases as we operate under Common Law, along with Section 77 of the Local Authorities Act, Section 61 of the Criminal Justice Act to quickly and legally regain possession.

If you require services from a professional enforcement agency, then Able Investigations can assist. Our certificated enforcement officers operate throughout the whole of the UK and we have a high success rate. To find out more about how we can help, please call us on 0845 370 7401.

Comments are closed.